I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year celebration! I enjoyed some much needed family time. My family time actually just ended. My sister came back home with me after New Years so that’s why I had a prolonged break.
Okay, so today rather than being crafty I’m going to start out this year’s blog with a little bit about myself and my goals for the future (I hate calling things resolutions because those tend to be so flaky). Anyways so here are 5 things about me.
ME RIGHT NOW:
1) I LOVE television series’. Right now, I’m currently obsessed with How I Met Your Mother (I’m watching episode Episode 9 of Season 2 right now).
2) I absolutely love to cook! My grandmother and mother both taught me to cook sans a recipe and every time I try to follow a recipe my meal turns out not so good.
3) I have recently discovered I enjoy flea market-ing. The best flea market I’ve visited is here in Tulsa. It is held every Saturday. So far I’ve mostly purchased jewelry but I am not giving up hope that I’ll find some amazing dishes or utensils there.
4) I’m currently a TV News producer.
5) I am in love with industrial design! I’m currently working on purchasing & making pieces that will make my home feel unique and completely my own.
1) I plan on reading more. I love reading but don’t usually make time for it. Right now I’m reading 1984. I haven’t gotten very far but I’ll let you know how it turns out.
2) I will write more. I plan on setting aside a certain amount of time each week to write. I used to write a lot but haven’t had much time. Now I plan on writing at least 1 hour each week. At least for the first couple of months and then maybe I’ll increase the amount.
3) Create more art. I miss painting and drawing. I absolutely miss using art as a way to just chill out and escape.
4) Capture the world around me on camera. I love taking pictures and I could definitely improve. I think taking more pictures is the only way to get better. And the plus side of taking more pictures is capturing more moments of my life.
5) Make time to talk. I absolutely hate talking on the phone. Despite the fact that I miss my family, I hate talking on the phone. I need to actually pencil in either family texting or talk time to make sure I keep up with my family.