Time for another Wedding Wednesday! We’ve selected our venue which, to me, seemed the most daunting task. It wasn’t exactly what I had envisioned when we started planning but it is very beautiful. My family was able to come by the venue, Canyon Crossing in Sand Springs, right before the engagement party and they all gave it a thumbs up! Each of my aunt’s had a gorgeous wedding so the fact that they approve of my venue choice made me very excited!
Canyon Crossing was the first place we looked. When we walked in, I kind of knew it was the place. I immediately started envisioning where different parts of the day would happen… I would enter through here, the alter would be there, we’d serve late night s’mores here etc. But because it was the first place we toured, we decided to continue looking but nothing else really made either of us as excited as the first option. After a month of searching we called back and saved our date.
Now comes the real work, dreaming up the decor. I always thought I’d be one of those girls who was super excited to plan her wedding but I’ve realized I’m not. I am excited about being married but I am just not excited about the planning. I’d love to pay someone else to handle it but since I don’t have the funds for that, this will be a very hands-on and heavy on the DIY wedding. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE looking at beautiful wedding photos but the thought of making choices for that special day is terrifying to me. What if it turns out bad or ugly? I just want everything to look like a magazine!
While looking at the venue this second time I realized that the alter area is very evident which is great because
I Richard won’t have to build something but it also kind of plain which gives you lots of decorating options. There are good bones there just ready to be beautified but how, I’m not sure. So as I always do, I headed over to Pinterest to find some picture perfect ideas. Here are some of my favorites that I think I might be able to replicate. Some have links you can follow others do not.
1. The Floral Curtains: I like the impact these beautiful curtains bring. The part in the curtains also draws attention to the main attraction.
2. Simple Hanging Decor: I love how simple this look is and how it compliments a beautiful natural location like ours. It doesn’t seem like this project would be that difficult to pull off on our own either.
3. Asymmetric Floral Arch: I really like that the entire arch isn’t thick with flowers and the area that is full is set at a jaunty angle. It’s unique and is a great way to add some color. And it may not be quite as expensive as a full arch brimming with flowers.
4. Flowers + Curtains: I like the mixture of the gauzy fabric and the thick bunches of flowers that keeps it grounded. I really that the arch has a thin silhouette but the more I look at it the more I think 80s music video. Is anyone else catching that vibe?
5. Outdoor Chandelier: This look may also be a little too ritzy but I keep envisioning how great an antique chandelier would look!
6. Dream Ceremony Backdrop: This is my FAVORITE alter idea but I think it would distract from or obscure the beautiful natural background during the ceremony.
Which one was your favorite? How was your wedding alter decorated? Also follow me here on Pinterest!